The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are inspiring, creative and who bring sunshine into the lives of their readers and fellow bloggers.
When I found out that Nailil from Thirty Minus One nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award I was beyond excited for the opportunity!
- Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
- Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer. Notify your nominees.
- List the rules and display your own version of the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
My Answers to Nailil’s Questions:
1. Whats behind your blogs name?
I wanted a name that reflected my beliefs as a Christian mother running our household and I thought that Faithful Homemaking was the perfect fit!
2.How long have you been blogging?
I started Faithful Homemaking December 2015.
3.What’s the favorite blog post you have written?
My favorite blog post so far would have to be my recent recipe for Pineapple Chicken and Arugula Pizza. Monday nights are pizza nights in our home. We love making our own unique creations and recently we came up with a recipe that has easy become our new favorite! Check it out for yourself!
4. What inspires you?
Instagram and Pinterest are a great social media tool. I love finding mama bloggers and lifestyle bloggers of all different types. Everyone has something special and unique to offer and I love discovering what that is!
5. Are you a full time blogger? Or have plans to become one?
I’m currently a part time blogger. Between working part time, taking care of my little girl and running our home I feel like that is all I can take on my plate right now. I believe balance is key in life and I think I have found the perfect balance for myself!
6. Who’s the biggest supporter of your blog?
My husband and my mama have been my biggest supporters! They were so excited the first time I brought up the idea and they continue to encourage and support me with every idea I have!
7. What advise do you have for newbie bloggers?
My advise for any new blogger would be to have patience, don’t be afraid to be yourself and have fun with it! It takes time to grow your blog and to discover your niche. It doesn’t always happen as quickly as you want it to but if your patient, determined and most importantly excited about the blogging journey it will happen!
8.Do you collaborate? If so, what do you look for in a collaboration?
I haven’t done a collaboration yet but I am always open to it!
9.What other bloggers inspire you?
There are so many bloggers out there who inspire me with their style, thoughts and creativity! Nailil from Thirty Minus One, Alise from LisesPeace, and Holly from Feisty Green Polka Dot are just a few of the amazing women! Make sure you check them out!
10. What’s one pro and con about blogging?
One of the best things about blogging is the community of people you get to be involved with, people that you may have never had the opportunity of getting to know otherwise. A con would be the extra time it takes to put into a successful blog. Although I find in the end it’s rewarding anyways, so really its hard to find a con!
11. Summer is almost here, what’s your favorite thing to do this season?
My favorite thing to do in the summer is to spend as much time out doors as we can! Especially where I’m from (Calgary, AB) where its practically winter for 7-8 months of the year! I’m excited to enjoy the beautiful weather with my family and watch our 1 year old daughter explore the outdoors!
My Nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award Are:
- Holly – Feisty Green Polka Dot
- Ember – Embers Beneath Me
- Ashley – Lively Faith
- Abigail – Acreage of Grace
- Danielle – Mama Life Inspiration
- Joanna – The Songbird Joey
- Vesna – Motherhood Charm
- Brit – Brit Strawbridge
- Lindsay – Lindsay’s Sweet World
- Jenise – A Toddler & A Topknot
- Amber – Grace In That Place
My questions for you beautiful bloggers are:
- What made you decide to start blogging?
- What is your favorite topic to blog about?
- What is the most difficult part about blogging for you?
- What is your favorite part about having a blog?
- What made you decide on the name for your blog?
- What is something you learned since starting your blog?
- How long have you been blogging for?
- What is your favorite thing to do on a day off?
- Where is your favorite place you traveled to and why?
- What is one thing on your bucket list?
- What is your favorite Starbucks drink?
Make sure to show these beautiful bloggers some love and check them out!